All Saints Anglican Church, which is part of the NW Archdeaconary of the Diocese in Europe, has postponed its Annual General Meeting (AGM), until September or October 2020.
The process followed.
- An online meeting was scheduled for June 22nd 2020. The chair of the council is permitted to do this “by giving every member whatever written notice is practicable” under CRR rule M25 (8). (Under rule 76 this written notice can be given by email.)
- At the meeting, discuss a formal resolution worded to the effect: ”that because of the impact of the coronavirus pandemic, the Annual Chaplaincy Church Meeting is hereby postponed to a date, still to be determined, but no later than 30th October 2020.” Minutes were taken of the meeting. A vote was not taken a vote, as virtual votes are invalid.
- Utilising rule M29, following the 22nd June council meeting the council secretary communicated that objections to this resolution could be raised up until and including Saturday 27th June. All responses are to be returned to the council secretary. As with the meeting announcement, all correspondence can be completed by email.
- Rule 29 (2) states that “Unless objection to the proposals is received from members in such numbers and within such period from the date of their being sent as the chair of the PCC may specify, the proposals are to be treated at the end of that period as approved by the PCC as if they had been approved at a duly convened meeting.”
- There were no objections raised, the approved resolution must be made public on the chaplaincy website.
Therefore, the Chaplaincy Council of the All Saints Anglican Church, share this resolution.
”Because of the impact of the coronavirus pandemic, the Annual Chaplaincy Church Meeting is hereby postponed to a date, still to be determined, but no later than 30th October 2020.”
This delay means, therefore, it is impossible to hold that meeting for the adoption of the financial statements within six months after the end of the 2019 financial year, and for the election of new council members and churchwardens.
This means that our audited 2019 accounts and budget shared on this website, have not yet been approved, but are simply proposed. This budget will need to be accepted at the AGM held in the autumn. At the same AGM, our audited accounts for 2019 will be received.
Notes: The “bestuursbesluit” for not publishing our financial information before 1st July.
” De reden voor dit uitstel is gelegen in de omstandigheid dat de beperkingen, voortkomend uit de situatie rond covid19/coronavirus het houden van de tot vaststelling van de jaarrekening noodzakelijke jaarvergadering binnen zes maanden na het einde van het boekjaar 2019 onmogelijk maken.”-
This addition is REQUIRED by the Ministerial Order.